Saturday, January 17, 2009

Read this. Eat this. Don't look around.

Working overnight has given me so much time to read. I busted through the the last 400 or so pages of Feast for Crows in the last few days. I seriously spend like 4 to 5 hours of my work day with a book in my hand. Anyway, this epic installment of the epic Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin is finally done. I'm caught up in the series now and am eagerly awaiting the next book, A Dance with Dragons, to be published. I don't know what else to do know, I started the books a couple years ago, with 4 1000+ page novels at my finger tips. Reading one, read a few other books, read another, a few more random books, and so on and so forth. But now I have to wait. I'm not just taking a break from the best books I've ever read, I'm just done for now. And once the new one comes out, and I read that, it will be years before the next. I guess I could start it over, it will probably be needed. I've got plenty more to read, I'm just kind of sad, and jealous of Jessica, who is just starting it.

I might go home for a little while. I have from 7:30 Friday morning until 11:30 Tuesday night off now. So I figure next Friday after work I'll hop a bus to Maine and spend a few days, leaving either Monday, or Tuesday. I'd like it to work out so that I can immediately go to Orono for two days and see some old friends, and then come back to Mid-Coast for the family hangs for a couple days then come back to New York. This depends on Sara and Kathryn though. But now that I've got in my head that I'm going home, I think it will happen regardless, but I just might not spend a few days in Orono.

I feel like I had more to say when I started this. The L train sucks all weekend, running in two parts. Huge pain in the ass.

I should go to bed. Maybe I'll go out for breakfast.

I've relearned how to park. My ability go drive in reverse is back.

1 comment:

ADW said...

if youre looking for a light read you might like Beautiful Boy by David Sheff, I just read his book and his son's book (Tweak) about their ordeal w/ crystal meth. Both books were good and quick reads.