Monday, January 12, 2009

Day in the life.

Today I woke up at like 1:30 when James from New York Adorned called to confirm my appointment with Virginia Elwood tomorrow. I stayed in bed, eventually fell back asleep until about 3:30 or 4, and immediately stole Furman's space heater. That's not true, it took me a while to get out of bed because it was so damn cold, but as soon as I was out of bed I stole it.

I have been back in bed since that point, being warm, and debating what I should do. I've got my computer, full of all the music I stole from Sean after losing all of mine. I just sit with shuffle, skipping track after track trying to find something I want to listen to. I've found a bunch of new bands that I like, Have Heart, Polar Bear Club, Bear vs Shark, Between the buried and me, yada yada. Today though my shuffle threw some Kelly Clarkson at me. Yeah, I stole it from Sean, but I'm not ashamed to say I didn't delete it. It was some song I haven't heard, and I was like, "whoa, no way!" and pushed skip. But then I went back....and found "Since you've been gone." And yeah, it was a pretty good time.

I almost got up and went to Life Cafe for lunch and a bloody mary(Im addicted to those from work), but instead I decided it would be a better idea for me to just go shopping and buy some food of my own. That way I wouldn't have to buy myself lunch and dinner everynight. Thats the right idea, I just haven't gotten out of bed yet.

I feel like I should do something productive. If I stay in bed, I could write, or read. That's productive, right?

I need a bookshelf. But that would be a hassle.

I think I might try to get some time off this month, since I'm hardly working anyway. I don't know if it will be possible, but I'll try. I'd like to go spend a few days in Orono with some friends. Maybe I could talk Kathryn in to picking me up from the bus station. That would be rad.

No comments: