Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Here they come, ten thousand strong

Today blew, in an epic sort of blowing way. The kind where you have things to do, things you want to get accomplished, and then when you do them you feel let down.

Last night I worked over-night, as my new recession based schedule demands, and didn't get home until about 8AM. At this point I had to wait around until 9ish for an electrician to come fix our broken half of the apt. He came around 10. To stay for all of 30 seconds, and show me how easy it would have been to fix myself. It apparently does not take much electrical knowledge to push a switch, it does however require baggy pants and some fresh white D&G eye glasses. A pretty cool flat rimmed hat as well, for kicks. Oh man, dont get me started on the kicks. Thanks, I guess.

I went to bed at the point, I at least got in bed, for a nap before returning to work. Yes, I had to be back at work at 2pm for a "mandatory full staff meeting" where all the goals and such for the new year would be addressed. knowing that no meeting I have ever attended started on time, I slept(napped) a little late, and took my time getting on my way. I show up only a minute or two late, but I have no idea where in the building the meeting is. They didn't tell anyone until the day of, and since it had already started there really wasn't anyone for me to ask. I had to wait for someone who was later than I was(who somehow just knew where it was). I show up maybe 2:05, the meeting is under way. Literally 5 minutes later, the meeting is over. I was later informed that I showed up just about as it started too. During my time at this meeting I was informed that we should continue to do our jobs well, and that we are getting new T.V.s for the rooms. Mind-fuck. Are you serious? What am I doing here? Have you ever heard of a bulletin board? No meeting required. Here is an example of how this meeting could have been avoided altogether.

-Do you jobs well!
-We're getting new T.V.s, don't fucking break them.
-Don't break anything else either, we have very little money.

Ah, fuck it. I wanted to come into the city anyway, and I probably would not have done this if I was not required to. I set up an appointment with Virginia Elwood to get some script tattooed on my chest. "Words wont save your life." It's a Hold Steady lyric, and I like it. That's about all there is to it, I think it fits me(that whole writer thing). That is seriously the closet thing to meaning any of my tattoos will have thus far. Unless you count my "eat meat" zombie tattoo. I don't like vegetarians much.
But anyway, so I made the appointment. I made my deposit to ensure that I would indeed come to it. And then I asked how much. The deposit was $100, so I asked the assistant that helped me if that was the hourly rate. No, it is not. The shop price is $180 and hour. But she was unsure how much the tattoo would cost, Virginia will tell me when she draws it up. Despite my confusion over an hourly rate, a booked 2 hour session, and someone still telling they wouldn't know how much it cost until later, I moved on. This tattoo has proved to be stupid in the way that I want to get it done, and it's harder than it should be. Mainly due to really good tattoo artists are really hard to get time with, and I'm really fucking lazy.
But seriously, I haven't paid shop prices in so freaking long. The zombie on my leg, and my ribs are the only ones. Which both worked out to be about $100 an hour. But seriously, $180 an hour? Who are you, Tim Kern? I think not.
Whatever, I'm going to suck it up and just get it done. I feel like the I need a new tattoo, and it will be worth it in the end. I'll probably feel better, as new tattoos often suit my needs for change.

Today's events were just kind of pissing me off, it was probably the lack of sleep/coffee. So instead of going to do the rest of the things I wanted to do(buy comics/new books) I just went home, had some coffee and lunch, and went to bed. At 8pm I awoke to write this awesome piece of post teen angst, and I will soon go to work yet another overnight. Blow hard.

No comments: