Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hydration

I think it started with some late night, maybe early morning, drunken talks about milkshakes and eggs. It was around the time Jen made an omelet, and would not share it with anyone(I stole a few bites during some distraction). There was hot sauce involved. With the eggs, not the distraction. But anyway, somewhere in all this, it was decided that we should all go to breakfast the next morning.

When that morning came around, that afternoon(far too early), we got up and soldiered on down the street for some breakfast. Being that it was at least 1:30, and I was no longer interested in an omelet, I got a BLT. The food, however, is not really important. At first we started with drinks. I order coffee, a glass of orange juice, and a glass of water. I mean business. Food comes and my friend and I remember that this all started with the idea of milkshakes. Waiter comes back around, we order milkshakes. At this point I barely have room on the table for my food, as most of my space is taken up by my drinks.

What I love about diners is the coffee, it's not great, but you know exactly what you're getting. Diner coffee is like gas station coffee, it all tastes the same. It's coffee that you just love it because whenever you get coffee at a diner or a gas station it's because you really fucking need a cup of coffee. Diners though, you're coffee never runs out. I don't know that I've ever finished a cup of coffee from a diner because that guy/girl always comes around to fill it back up before you're done. Fantastic. It's hard to say how much coffee I drank this past morning at breakfast, but I never finished it.

Anyway, I drank my endless cup of joe, and OJ, my water, and my milkshake(mostly of principle, milkshakes are not a fantastic hangover choice). Breakfast ends, we get a bill, we were not charged for our shakes(fuck yeah), and we all go out separate ways. It's around midway through my hourish long subway trip home that all my drinks catch up with me. Oh man, was I hydrated. Some might even say that I drink too much, and my bladder would agree.

2 comments:

twjewel said...

I can't believe you didn't pee before you left the diner.

James. said...

I didn't have to. That takes time, time enough for me to get about half way home.