Sunday, January 18, 2009

Coffee, and beer.

Coffee is such an important part of my life, I live breath sleep coffee. Beer is also a pretty great thing. I'm pretty picky about both, more so coffee(due to the fact that I just know more about it). I like strong dark roasted black coffee. I like dark beers too. Coffee and beers are just great. Put them together, oh man.

They've been together for a while, well, at least coffee and alcohol that is. Irish coffee, everyone knows that. And then a few months ago my friend Patrick told me about putting espresso in Guinness, tried it, loved it. It adds that almost dark chocolate taste to the Guinness, with a very strong espresso aftertaste. It's really great.

Then the other day I was reading Time Out New York(I love that magazine), and I saw something awesome. Straight out of some Portland ME brewery, Peak Organic Espresso Amber Ale. It's beer MADE with espresso beans. It's a lighter beer, the article I read said that is not typical, which can only mean there are other beers out there MADE with coffee. Sure, the the espresso will give it a strong bitter taste, so I'm willing to give it a shot. Also it's from Maine. I guess you can get it at Whole Foods down here in New York. But I'd love to know of some other, darker, beers made with coffee. Until then I'll just continue with some espresso in my Guinness from time to time.

1 comment:

Terry Walsh said...

I haven't had a computer for so long, I haven't had a chance to read anything on your blog, ali's blog or sean's blog. Sam Mank is "fixing" my computer. Now I'm using your dads. I love reading your blog. You will be an amazing author someday. World known. This is a great time to take another class, when you are working at night.
love, mom