Monday, May 12, 2008

What did you do tonight?

Not to brag, but I'm pretty sure what I did was better. I saw Tegan and Sara. That's right. I went with Sean and Jessica, and Furman was there too, although we never saw him.

It would have seemed as if Brooklyn didn't want us to make it to the show. The L train took us to Bedford, and then said, fuck you I'm not going any further. PANIC! at the L train. Quick solutions, call the car service for a ride! Uh-oh, they are out of available cars. What? Does that ever happen? It took us a few tries but we eventually caught a cab and ended up spending another 6 bucks each, on top of the ticket prices, to get to the show. Totally worth it.

FanFuckingTastic show. We got there literally a minute before Tegan and Sara went on. By the time we made it to the crowd everyone was already cheering as the girls walked out on stage. Perfect timing, all that running we did from from our second train stop was clearly needed. The show was full of all my favorite songs, which I didn't realize before how many there are. They played for about and hour and 20 minutes and there were only like three songs that I wasn't completely psyched to hear. And that was only because they were off the album that I'm not too familiar with. Although Jessica worried me by telling me that their live DVD was not too impressive, I was pleasantly surprised by their performance. Lets face it, they have sort of awkward voices. Don't get me wrong, it works very well, I was just worried that it wouldn't be so great live. Not true. Their live voices were great, just as awkward as I'm used to. It was good. They were really good in between songs too, funny stories, and good sisterly banter.

All in all, just awesome, be jealous you weren't there. Unless you were. In which case, kudos to you.

3 comments:

These Seans said...

you beat me. I'm pretty sure jessicas post will be better than both of ours.

jessica maria said...

HAHAHA PANIC! at the L train

HAHAH fr realz.

James. said...

Sean- Jessica had pictures. and wrote a real review. She wins.

Jessica- Yeah. We were all close to losing it.