Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dear New York, my thanks, and my rants

Dear Overnight guy at Duke Cafe in Soho,

You're rad. Thank you for always just charging me only my $6 voucher from work, even though we both know the things I buy go over $6. You should put out a tip jar. I would tip you.

Dear Bike-shop guy on Lafayette between Prince and Spring,

Calm down. I'm glad you feel that you are too good to help me because the child's bike that I brought from work, just to put air it its tires, was not good enough for your time. I'm also glad that your time was good enough to tell me that you wouldn't help me because of the bike I had, and I should never bring it to your shop again because you will still not work on it next time, in your "I'm too good for this" way. But thank you for letting me put air in the tires myself. I hope you found all the adapters your slightly nicer, barely, co-worker gave me out in the street where I left them, so I wouldn't have to deal with your snotty mid life "I still work in a bike shop with my long gray ponytail" crisis.

Dear Ramon's Dry Cleaning lady,

Thank you for the lollipop. It was really good. And after my Bike-shop experience just 10 minutes before, having someone be so nice and helpful was refreshing.

Dear guy at the pizza shop near Penn Station,

Calm down. You're right, we are not friends. But your wrong, I was not all over your food. You see, you were standing right in front of my drinks. So in a sense, you were all over my drinks. So calm down, when I told you it wasn't a problem when you freaked out at me for being "all over your food" and told you not to worry about it, I was serious. Lighten up, it will make life a little better.

Dear Gimme! Coffee,

Thanks. You fuel my addiction to your delicious beverage with you masterfully roasted beans of coffee. I can't get enough of it. Each new roast I try is incredible in it's own way, you have even managed to break my hatred to regional and organic coffees. Thanks for always talking with me, except that one time, about what each roast is like so I can try to pick a new one. And thank you for the free stickers. I know they were free anyway, but still.

No comments: