Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Holy shit, this is just incredible.

Did anyone catch my myspace bulletin a couple weeks ago about wanting a cat? I had talked about how I wanted a really badass cat, one that was maybe part bear. Just a really tough cat, one that could kick ass, take names, and open beers. Well, I was thinking about it a few minutes ago, and figured there might be some funny pictures of "bear cat" drawings online. Enter: GOOGLE! I type in "bear cat" expecting a bunch of either crap, or funny pictures. But instead Google asks if I meant "Bearcat." I say, "Maybe?" obviously intrigued about what I may have found. Well, ladies and gents, I clicked the fuck out of that "Did you mean Bearcat?" link, and along with old aircrafts, some picture of a strange black dude, a brand of wood-chippers, and a fuck ton of school football teams, the bearcat is also REAL!

Photobucket

Enter Wiki:

The Binturong (Arctictis binturong), also known as the Asian Bearcat, the Palawan Bearcat, or simply the Bearcat, is a species of the family Viverridae, which includes the civets and genets. It is neither a bear nor a cat, and the real meaning of the original name is lost, as the local language that gave it is extinct[3]. Its natural habitat is in trees of forest canopy in rainforest of Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Palawan Island.

It is nocturnal and sleeps on branches. It eats primarily fruit, but also has been known to eat eggs, shoots, leaves and small animals, such as rodents or birds. Deforestation has greatly reduced its numbers. When cornered, the Binturong can be vicious. The Binturong can make chuckling sounds when it seems to be happy and utter a high-pitched wail if annoyed. The Binturong can live over 20 years in captivity; one is recorded to have lived almost 26 years.

3 comments:

jessica maria said...

GOOGLE IS AMAZING.

Also, bearcats.....freak me out. I would have thought it was cuter.

James. said...

Yeah, I thought it would be cuter too. They arent so bad when they are smaller. They sort of look like a bear thats part cat, I want a cat thats part bear. Oh well.

These Seans said...

this is fucking amazing. wait, is that the name of this entry? it should be/probably is