Thursday, May 8, 2008

Last night was for REAL.

It appears that I've beaten to this post twice already, by Sean and Jessica. I don't have any awesome pictures or anything to show you, just my words of excitement.

Last night I'm standing in line at the Grocery store and decide to check my phone in case I missed anything over the noise. It's about five past 8, I see I have not one, but THREE new text messages from Sean. At first, I assume that he's just texting to rub it in my face that he got a free ticket to see Motion City Soundtrack. But no, my phone holds messages explaining Jesse left TWO tickets and that I better get my ass in gear before I miss their show. I debated dropping all my groceries in the line and just running out. But I was next, and really did need to buy food. I then ran all the way home groceries in hand, threw what needed to be kept cold in the fridge, threw on a clean shirt and put my feet to pavement. I ran every second that I was not on a train, making it there around 9ish, I think a little before. I went to the desk to ask for my ticket and they were reluctant to give it to me since it was under Sean's name. I had to do some serious name dropping, like "The guy in the band playing RIGHT NOW left it for me." But I got it, got in, and saw about half of their set.

Then we watched Panic! and left for food and drinks with a huge gaggle of people. We got to some Hawaiian themed place, basically just and excuse to dress all their girls in bathing suits. We bought food and drinks like it was our job, receiving a shocking bill. Haha. Things got a little crazy afterwards at some other place when Erica and friends took charge of the Juke Box and Sean Adam and I totally played air guitar and sang our brains off through some Weezer, and even some Natalie Imbruglia. It was pretty awesome. Sean slept at work. I got some pizza to prepare myself for my very long subway journey home. It was for real.