Sunday, May 4, 2008

Don't say a single word.

I guess my blog has been lacking. I went on a roll when I first started. And I liked some of them. Well, one of them, and another that I wrote for my previous blog. And now I'm sort of over it and really only want to post something if I have something worth saying. I've half posted a few things in the last few days. Writing them down, and then just deciding they weren't really worth it. Simple things, minor complaints, random things I like, blah blah blah. Of course, this lack of anything to say is giving me things to say right now.

It's not that I'm uninspired, I've got lots of ideas. Mostly ideas for stories, and those take me a long time, I have to stew over them for a while before I write anything down. Lots of things happen to me everyday that are in a sense blog worthy: Subway encounters, weird people on the street at work, a strange want for Jamba Juice today. It's just I don't really like any of these things as something to write about.

I feel like I rushed, or even forced the last post. Over all it just kind of sucks. I was peer pressured into writing more, and what came out was just dribble. Talking about things I didn't really WANT to talk about, it was really just a filler post.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the past, not something I typically do, but I've started talking with a friend from school again and I guess old friends and the past just kind of go together. Most of my conversations with her and made up of "remember when"s. A good deal of memories of times spent together, but an equally good deal of just things we used to do. I remember giving her all kinds of new music to listen to, I remember her constantly wearing my favorite shirt, I remember long walks, and conversations that would last until one of us fell asleep. This is where it gets tricky. This may sound like me running on about missing a girl, but aside from the obvious, I'm trying to point out something else. Most of these memories involve me sharing things with her, my time, my music, my thoughts, whatever. Compare that to now when I struggle to put my thoughts on a screen. I feel like I used to have a lot more to share, a lot more I wanted to share. This could be a good or a bad thing. I really do feel like I want to share less now, which is bad for my writing because lets face it, I write less. But I think it's good in a maturing kind of way, I don't just share whatever the hell jumps into my head, I'm waiting until I feel like I have something worth sharing. This girl, we'll call her Sara to make her seem a little more real and because thats her name, is obviously just an example to demonstrate the change my sharing has gone through. I just don't feel the same need, or want to talk about a whole lot lately. And holy waste of time Batman, I believe I solved the mystery. I need to find a topic that I feel strongly about. I hope it comes soon, I really do like having a blog.

No comments: