Monday, December 22, 2008

Disappointment goes up or down.

It was this past Saturday, just a couple days ago, snow was falling lightly in a far prettier fashion then the nasty snow storm that was the day before, and I was at work. I work every Saturday night, 4-12pm. An hour or two must have pasted, I feel like I remember working for at least a little while before my disappointment set in. I think I was taking something up to a room, which I do countless times a day, meaning I ride an elevator a lot. I'd say on a busy day I might go upstairs 50 times, that's 100 elevator rides. A day. I wondered once how long it would take me, at this rate of riding elevators, to get stuck in one. Well, it happened on Saturday. FINALLY!

I think I was coming down from the 5th floor, and the elevator reached ground level, but just didn't level off and open. My eyes opened wide, I was excited. I tried pushing a few buttons, nothing was working. I stand there for a minute going over all the possibilities. First off, this a good thing, no, a great thing. This could possibly take an hour or more to fix, oh lord how great would it be. It was kind of busy, but I couldn't work locked in an elevator. I did have my iphone though, yeah, so I could just either call someone, or cruise the internet for how ever long I need to. Oh right, and I'm getting paid right now. Seriously, this is fantastic.

A couple minutes pass, and my mind finally comes to the point of needing to tell the front desk. I call Nate at the desk, and tell him that I'm stuck. He tells me to hold on. I'm just about ready to have a seat and maybe check myspace or something. Then the door opens. And Nate is standing there. He just pushed the button from the outside, and it made it level off and open.

Well, that sucked. I had like three or four minutes to think about all the fun I would have had well getting paid well. Damn, disappointment.

1 comment:

twjewel said...

To bad about the door opening so soon. The time alone in there could have led to another good blog.