Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lately,

My iTunes really wants me to listen Norma Jean. I have sort of been sliding back into a lot of the harder music in my collection, but now my shuffle is forcing me. Yeah, I've been using shuffle a lot just to simply try to find something I want to listen to. I swear, every like.....3rd song I skip to is Norma Jean. So, tonight I gave in, and I listened to a bunch. They are really awesome. Their awesomeness aside, listening to something darker for a change kick started something for me. Whats that? Yeah, I started writing again tonight. Maybe it's the Halloween season, maybe it's my love of (fictional) blood, violence, death, and horror, but I've come up with something cool. It's hardly started at the moment, but so far I like it. It follows the theme I've been stuck trying to figure out for a while now, the death of a beautiful dark haired girl, told in a loving sort of way. Weird, yeah I know. Look at my arm, its sort of like that. Only, theres no "Soul Sucking Demon." But hey, maybe there should be. I could probably tie that in somehow, just to throw cheers to the inspiration of Jeremiahs work on me. Anyway, I picture this being short. And sort of unfinished. I've had this one scene stuck in my head for about a year, and its all I want to write. It will kind of be like one chapter, and the rest will just be left up to imagination. But I'm hopeful, given the fact that I'm writing again, and the dark nature of the story, I will be able to carry it over and re-write, and finish, my long standing Zombie piece. Oh the epic possibilities. I've got a lot more writing to do on the piece I just started, and then probably a lot of re writing, but hey, Ill probably post it on here for Halloweens sake (Provided I finish it, of course). Oh right, and back to Norma Jean, for the moment, and probably forever, due to the real inspiration for this short work, it will be titled "She Simply Will Not Die." If you're a fan of Norma Jean, you get it. If not, well, it's cool. So, thanks iTunes for getting me to write again.

No comments: