Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'll be home when the good feeling dies.





That time is around 7am.
Summer time is back in New York, it's close enough anyway. After a long winter absence, the late night/early morning hangs are back. And after last night, I have decided to foot the bill to cancel my T-Mobil contract early, and get my iPhone working 100%. Seriously, what can't that phone do?

Between tracking down the after hours spots, getting directions, and calling a car, it's really not so much a phone, and more an event(adventure?) planner.


I have a feeling the famous balcony hangs from last summer might be a no go this time around, but surely other fun hangs will present them self on a regular basis. Need some friends with roof access.


After all the flashing lights of table top arcades, and jukeboxes tunes die off, I am still reminded just how lonely this city can be. Even with all the 24hr fun, it seems everyone I know, myself included, is still stuck in that winter mood. I'm hoping rooftop BBQs, bocce ball, and bag toss in the park can cure that, if not that all nighters. But I'm not so sure, it's all very temporary, you still wake up the same the next day. I think I'm realizing this recession is hitting more than just my pockets.

This a feel good entry though, I do love me some city summers. And I'm looking forward to all the fun I know I will have this time around. I'm only hoping with the new season things take a turn for the better on more than just a night by night basis.

No comments: