Friday, March 20, 2009

This weekend.

Sean left early this morning for a weekend in Maine. The thing is, Sean generally wakes me up around 6PM. He comes home from work, and the noise and such wakes me up. Today that did not happen. I woke up around 6:30 on my own, but knowing that I was still home alone I decided to just lay there. 10PM rolls around, I wake up again. Oops. Second time this week that has happened. I was almost late for work, which starts at 11:30PM. I don't even know how that is possible.

My friend Karl was spinning at a club in Greenpoint tonight, I had intended to go. My bad.

On the plus side. This morning after work, and after breakfast at Duke, I went to Dean and Deluca (I pass it on my way to the subway) and decided to treat myself. Normally all I buy there is a coffee, and a corn muffin (seriously, great fucking corn muffins). Today I bought some nice bread, a tomato, some crackers, and some brie. Tonight, at some point the tomato will meet a red onion, and bathe in vinegar and I will enjoy it with some bread. Crackers and brie will come later.

Also, just finished reading Good Omens, fantastic book. Light, quick, very funny, and extremely well put together. That's all, if you like books about the apocalypse, but are sick of all the dreadful seriousness, pick it up. As long as you like very dark humor.

No comments: