Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Gaslight Anthem.

Saw them last night. Awesome show. We showed up at the end of the second bands set. Just in time for Gaslight. Good decision. But get this:

So, I get in line. They are checking ID's. It was a 16 and over show, but there was also a bar. So the girl in front of me is drunk, and I guess she wasn't 21. So the doorman wouldn't let her in. He moves her aside, asks for my ID, which states my birthday as 6/24/88, and also gives the will not be 21 until 6/24/09 in red letters at the bottom. He gives me an over 21 bracelet anyway. What? Yes. He didn't even really check my ID, he just took it in his hand and then gave it back. Drinks were obviously outrageously expensive, but I felt like I had to buy them, because I could.

Adam was there too. My legs were sore at the end, from stomping, and tapping for so long. And my wallet was lighter. Worth it. Great time.

2 comments:

ADW said...

I. AM. SO. JEALOUS.

James. said...

Should be. It was pretty awesome.