Monday, June 29, 2009

Adventures in BK

I was walking home, it was well after last call, and after deciding there were no after hours places in Williamsburg I struggled to find my way home on foot. I was somewhere on Broadway. It was a long walk home, and I wasn't in the greatest of moods, and I thought that maybe my hand was broken(it's not). It had been an interesting night. And my phone had blown up. Still worked well enough to get me directions home. Then I met this big black dude. I never got his name.

He was all like, "Yo man, you got fitty cents?"

And I was all like, "Shit yeah." It was true, I had gotten fifty cents somewhere in my travels for the night. I reached into the little change pocket of my pants, and gave this guy fifty cents, "What'cha buying?" I asked, for some reason I cared at the time.

"A forty!" he was pretty excited.

"Alright man, sounds like a great time!"

Then this other lady started yelling, "You gonna buy me some beer or are you going to stand around talking all night."

I laughed, and told hm to have a good night. And I'm sure her did, all because of my fifty cents.

1 comment:

ADW said...

i'm so glad nobody in camden asked me for money.... its probably because everybody in camden HAS money!