Sunday, April 13, 2008

This isn't a review.

I just got the motivation to kick-start a blog again. Leaving the Myspace behind to once again join the ranks of the real blogs. Only I don't really have a thing to say right now.

So, The Gaslight Anthem. I wont try to review their CD. Sean did, read his blog. Plus, I dont really think I could. The only thing I have to say about them, is I love them. Well no, I have more than that. I can't stop listening to these guys. I got their CD and EP when I moved to NY (Am I over doing the capital letter ABRVS?) in February, and I have yet to stop listening to them. You know when you get a new CD and you listen to it over and over until you can't stand to think about it, but every once in a while theres a CD that just doesn't get old? For me, this is that CD. I listen to it everyday, time after time. I love the lyrics. I have written very little since I arrived in New York. I'm to busy having new experiences to write anything down. Things are coming to me, I just don't write them down. But the lyrics of the Gaslight Anthem really inspire me. They give me an idea for a style writing I've never really thought of. Think of Bluesy Punk Rock and Roll, and then translate that to a story. The themes of their songs are stories all on their own, but I want to make them stories. Get it? Cool.

This blog lacks anything to really make it a blog, but I give you my recommendation to listen to the Gaslight Anthem. Those are my reasons to love them. Find your own.

No comments: