Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh no, it's the cops!

I've had a weekend. And I really fucking did it. I worked for basically 2 weeks straight overnight, and then relished in my well earned time off. It was pretty good, and pretty bad.

It began with limitless possibilities, I thought the world was mine. And I blew it. So I had some friends in town, in country is more like it, but they were in New York. And there's this girl, who I haven't seen since last year. It's complicated. Booze was involved. And things got messy. Not in a bad way, but in just a depressing way. It was like, every fucking teen movie ever made. So I leave, shouldn't have been there in the first place. Try to go see this other girl that I know, and am rather fond of. She pours me a drink on the house, I really don't need it. I was upset. I told her I'd call her, she shrugged. I'm leaving out a lot of details, for my own good, it was one of the worst night's I've had in a long time. I lost my hat on the subway coming home at 8 in the morning. I swear to God, by the end of it, I could have just fucking cried.

Enter brunch that morning. All I really wanted was to feel sorry for myself, and let the depression overwhelm my day until it just faded out. But my good friends Jesse and Erica wouldn't let that happen. They forced happiness upon me, I had no choice, and life cafe usually helps. Then others came, Perry, Sean, El Adam, Patrick, and Jaime and Andrew. It was a good time, in which my epically depressing tale became a rather funny story, as it will stay.

So, I was going to call out of work tonight to try and take that second mentioned girl out. She has got something to do, I don't know. Probably lack of interest. Whatever, not the end of the world. Then work calls, I ignored it worrying that they might be calling me to fire me(it was that kind of weekend), but instead they just changed the schedule so I'm off tonight anyway. And now I've got nothing to do. I've done a lot of exercise today, it's hot, I'm sweaty and need to shower.

I've also gotten a new love for Superbad. When I first saw it, I thought it kind of sucked. I saw it again, it still wasn't doing it for me. Just watched it for a third time, blew my mind. So God damn funny.

Yup. I need a nap.

No comments: