Monday, February 16, 2009

"Why don't you blog about it."

Some girl I knew in college said that to me once, "Why don't you blog about it," when I asked her why she stopped answering my calls. I had previously blogged about how I thought she was a poor excuse for a friend.

I am capable of some pretty amazing things when I'm drunk. Last night, I may have drank too much. But it's ok, it was nighttime. Also, I fully planned on drinking too much.

So I go to this show, at a bar, with Sean. We were there to see this band Sakes Alive. We went early as to avoid a doorman. We left around 8, I think I had been up since 6. Remember, I work overnight. But I wake up at night, so it is ok for me to start drinking that quickly after getting up. As it was my only day off this week, I had, previous to going out, decided to get fucking lit up. And so I did. I was putting back Jack and Cokes like water at the bar, and then, in the effort to stay sober for the show, switched to beer. I had seen this girl at the bar earlier, and in my small amount of effort, had basically told her she should go to the show because I was going. She didn't go, go figure. And then I saw her again at the next bar I went to, only she was with some other guy. I think it was one of the guys from the starting line. No joke. I made some comment about how I hate that band, which isn't even true, I've never even listened to them. It made Jesse uncomfortable, probably because the starting line dude was right behind me, and I was talking about how much better Jesse's band is.

Then this girl came back to to talk to me(I think her name was Alex), probably because the starting line suck, and I'm a pretty cool dude(again, I've never really listened to their band, so I'm just saying they suck because I have nothing better to say about them). I was in wasted mode when this girl came back, as Sean periodically sent me texts saying "Settle down" and "Seriously, settle down." I cared little. We had been drinking pitchers, and mixed drinks by the time Jesse and Jessica met us at the second bar, this was long before the girl came back. I made an effort to make it look like I was talking to Jessica for a short time after each of Sean's texts, and then continued to not settle down. I was ridiculous, as everything I said seemed to make Jessica laugh, and not because I was saying something intended to be funny. It was awesome. And for some reason this Alex girl decided to give me her number, and again, I remember caring very little at the time. But it is cool. This morning I read my text messages to discover that I drunk texted Jen Jun, my good friend, a play by play of the whole night, who knows, maybe she was interested. I've apoligized, but it isn't all bad, as through re-reading these texts I discovered that at one point this Alex girl spilled her drink on me. And I was the drunk one. Then Jesse and Jessica took me home. And by that I mean we left together, but I'm pretty sure it was intended to take me home.

As I was leaving, Jesse points out this other girl, Kristina, who I met at this same bar a few weeks ago. I really wanted to talk to her(she was pretty hot). Given my current state, Sean talked me out of it, probably a good thing. However, it did spark my interest in this girl again. And I go home to leave her a drunk facebook message saying how we should hang out. I met this girl once, weeks ago, but for some reason remembered her name. This blows my mind. The message I sent her was so carefully constructed, not a single misspelled word, it was fucking gold. I think it was so well put together it almost made it hard to read. Also, I think I used the word "you" twice in a row. She has since written me back, confused as to who I am. Whatever.

Also, I have that band, Sakes Alive, sleeping on my floor right now. It has been so long since I've had that much fun, it almost makes me hate my job less.

4 comments:

ADW said...

this is hysterical. some of the funniest writing I've read in a long time. I think I'm going to re-read it when I'm done commenting. I might even sample the first two paragraphs for my blog.

OH! are you hung-over at all? Since alcohol is a diuretic you should drink 5 glasses of water per alcoholic beverage to prevent dehydration ;)

OonieBird said...

Jesus that's a lot of water.

James. said...

What is even funnier is that the girl later apologized to me, via facebook, for her drunken behavior.

grahamer said...

a phone in a drunk man's hand is dangerous ..funny story lucky you only get one night off a week..